Puggy's World

I am a pug who loves FOOD, FOOD, FOOD, FOOD and more FOOD :) Nothing gets me more excited than FOOD, when I am not eating, you will find me resting ....

Monday, November 20, 2006

Dogs aged faster than humans

Warning : This is going to be a very SUPER DUPER MEGA sad post.

Dogs aged faster than humans, and have a shorter life span than humans. So chances are our humans will out-lived us.

And by now, all of you should know that I am a super duper mega old dog. I must thank God that I can live such a long time. I mean frankly speaking, pugs are not suited in climate like Singapore. But I am here anyway, and I believe for a reason.

But I thank God for a nice, super good owner that I have, they put me in air con rooms 24/7 when the weather is hot or when the haze is here.

Although I do not get to go out in the day till the late afternoon due to the hot weather, I know that my owners have my welfare at heart. I do miss out on all those fun events which my siblings always have in the dog park, I miss out on all the sun, but I know that it is for my own good.

And for that, I just want to say Thank you and I love You.

I came across this video and it is very sad for both the owner and the dog when the dog passed on, although it is in Japanese and sub-titled in Chinese, but I am sure you can tell the theme of the video even if you dont understand the above languages. The whole video is about 10 mins long. The first half is from the owners point of view. The second half is from the owners point of view.

Although both part talks about the departure of a pet dog, but the mood of the video is very different. In the first part, the owner ask repeatedly why the dog left so early and the mood is of a very sad one. The owner is very sad.

While the second part is from the dog's point of view, talking about the goodness that the owner has brought to the dog. How the dog is thankful to the owner for cleaning up after him, for protecting him, for chasing away the bees, etc. The mood is a lighter one, with a final thanks giving to the owner.

This video is very sad and makes my Gal Gal tears.

15 Comments:

At 8:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks gal gal.

 
At 8:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475974

:)

 
At 9:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tommy :)

Thank you for talking to Boo Boo too :D

 
At 9:18 pm, Blogger Boo Boo said...

Hi Tommy, I cant view the movie ... hmmm ... do I have to subscribe or something?

 
At 9:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo Boo,

The webpage only shows the movie profile.

Does your gal gal use MSN?

 
At 4:51 am, Blogger Sam Iam said...

boo-boo
My human could not watch the movie she had water coming out of her eyes.Remember, dogs age at a much faster rate than humans,: Dogs take less time then men in doing everything. They get up earlier and also go to sleep sooner, run instead of walking and go through being a puppy to an about dog in less than a year. And obviously, they age faster than us. Most of dogs live for around 13 years, but when they turn old is generally a matter of size. Smaller dogs usually age slower than big dogs. For example, a poodle at the age of 7 year.
While growing, dogs experiment like us, articulation pains, gain of weight and loss of energy. Time can't be stopped, but not for it must old dogs be less enthusiastic and be less healthy than young dogs. Your dog will have the age he feels he has. Besides spoiling him, you can help him feel like a puppy. The exercise is very important for him to keep young. If your dog is young or of medium age, the exercise will help him to age better. Adult dogs also ageless, if they do exercises on a constant term. If you give attention to its exercise and to his diet, and detect any changes produced to its health, you will

observe a great improvement in how he feels and how he ages. Veterinarians have found out some ways to palliate the effects of passing time, it means, for adult dogs to feel much younger. He is what they recommend.
Nice reads.sniff-sniff

Lot's of Lick's
Sam

 
At 10:45 am, Blogger Boo Boo said...

Hi Tommy,

Gal Gal's msn is jennsiow@hotmail.com :)

 
At 1:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo boo, i've added your gal gal's my msn.

 
At 2:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo Boo.....

thanks for posting this... it reminds me of that seeing eye labrador movie, it's Japanese too.

YOu are a very lucky very well taken cared of boy Boo Boo. I know my mum would be SOOO happy and grateful if I could live as long as you ....

Love sniffles,
Miss Sunshade

 
At 8:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you.
I wish to express our gratitude by us for sunshade, and : the thing that this video is introduced.
We keep the dog, and this feelings might be therefore common all over the world.
It is the one so to transcend national borders.
It is sad and is tightened the chest.

From loved ume tyan

 
At 12:19 am, Blogger e said...

Hey Booboo

That video made me really sad because I was really young when I had our first family dog and when she left, I thought we would and could not go through the same ordeal again of losing something so close.
But I always knew that my life would be incomplete, without dogs.
I miss Fei so much and wish that we could be together sooner.

Fei & E

 
At 8:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man. I watched the first two minutes of this video. Mommy couldn't go on any further knowing what happens. It ended there. Its too sad.

 
At 11:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That made Mummy go and soppy and now she keeps cuddling me.

Simba xx

 
At 10:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so sad, it made my mom cry. She is so afraid of losing me. But then she says at least she could be with me till the end...it might be worse if she went first because then I might be alone & frightened. That scares her more.

 
At 6:53 pm, Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

I can't let my mom watch stuff like this, she slobbers herself full of tears and snot.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

 

Post a Comment

<< Home