Puggy's World

I am a pug who loves FOOD, FOOD, FOOD, FOOD and more FOOD :) Nothing gets me more excited than FOOD, when I am not eating, you will find me resting ....

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The things about Breeds

I see that there are some taggings going around about breeds and thought it may be good to do a post on breeds ......

Maybe its just me, but I do believe that there is a general perception of the different breeds around.

Some say that pugs, (***ahem**** thats my breed) ..... are perceived to be full of worries ...... BUT the truth is that, we pugs, worry about nothing as long as you give us our food and play.

Some say Golden Retriever, (**Ahem*** thats my brother Bond) are gentle and calm ..... But the truth is that my dear brother Bond, is NOT very gentle and calm when he sees big dogs, he is known to have fight and injured big dogs. But he has improved so much now, he does not dare to start anything should our FIERCE human (**Ahem*** Thats our Gal Gal) be around

Some say that Cavaliar King Charles Spaniel, (**Ahem** Thats my brother Boy Boy) are known to be courages and cheerful ..... But the truth is that, he can be an irritating whiner at times ....

Some says that Rottweiler are fierce and they kill every single thing that is moving, like cats or small dogs. BUT the truth is that ....... Bear and Bruno are one of the sweetest Rottweiler I have ever seen. The may be huge, but I tell you, they are more gentle than Bond, thats FOR SURE !!


Some say that Bull Terriers are very fierce, and some bull terriers are known to have torn the faces or limbs of children. But I cant imagine the sleepy Scuba to do that.

But what I am trying to say here is that, what you perceived the breed to be, may not be what is the temperament of the dog.

And I always believe that, like a child, the dog is what it is not because of its breed, but because of what its owners have been teaching / training him.

For example, maltese are know to be very meek and mild, and clean and white. But I have seen maltese that are full of brown stains and snap when people touch it.
(Photo courtesy of http://www.allsmalldogbreeds.com/maltese.html)

So, all I can say is that, a dogs characteristics and temperament are "groomed" by the owner. There should be no general perception of any dogs.

Hey ! One question doggies and hammies, what is your perception of me ? SAy ! Tell Me !

6 Comments:

At 10:33 am, Blogger Goofy said...

Yah.. You are real right!!

Pure or crossed breeds are equal!!!

love
goofy

 
At 10:57 am, Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

My perception of you BooBoo is you blur and sometimes evil but still a good friend of mine. :)

~ Girl girl

 
At 12:25 pm, Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Boo Boo?? you are one blur OLD man. Hshhahahhahha!!! okok, you are such a good friend of mine eventhough the above are FACTs...hahhaha

slurpy licks,
BenBen

 
At 8:18 pm, Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Umm.. you ask me to say one ok...
You are one 'old man' who looked like he is full of worries.. (at least in that first pic)..
I can vouch that my god-brother Scuba, the mini bull-terrier, is the sweetest tempered BT I have ever met. I think the only 'limbs' he ever torn are those of the yummy bones he's given.

 
At 11:31 pm, Blogger Ronak said...

I believe I know to what comment you are referring... that was really silly - everyone knows that stereotyping is so not the way of the world.

I don't know pugs SO well, but the ones I do know have always been amenable to enthusiastic sniffing of the friendliest kind. My impression of you, BooBoo, is that you're a great ambassador for the breed!

Lots of people who meet me (an eskie) think that I am mean and will bite them.

Then again, lots also think I'm a girl. I am pretty, but not female!

Have a great weekend!

 
At 3:16 pm, Blogger andrahyb said...

We dogs reflect alot about owners, both behaviour & looks...

There are NO BAD DOGS...
... Only BAD OWNERS!!!

You are PAWSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!

~ Rudolf & Goofy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home